Welcome to Part 2 in our series of Essential SEO tips for small business, where we share our top tips for helping your site get closer to that sought after number 1 position in the SERPs.
- SEO isn’t a one size fits all – no two sites are the same, so a strategy that worked for one isn’t guaranteed to work for another because here are so many variables to consider.
- SEO doesn’t need to be expensive – in most cases, you can get big results with a small budget with good content and some good on-site and off-site SEO.
- Your website is never finished – you should always be adding to it and improving it, so that it will continue to rank higher and attract more visitors.
- Backup your site regularly – if you lose your site, then you’ll lose your ranking quickly too as search engines remove sites that won’t load.
- Ask customers for Google Reviews – if a customer leaves a positive review then this can help to improve your rankings in your local listings.
- Add a blog – this allows you to quickly add new, simple pages to your site so that you can add new content to your site.
- Create videos – if the videos are interesting, this increases the time that people spend on your site, which helps search engines determine if your site deserves a good ranking.
- Make your content interesting – if a page of content is interesting, then a visitor will spend longer time on your site, which signals to search engines that your site has good content and worthy of a good ranking.
- Remove or add to pages with very little content – this results in a visitor spending little time on pages which has the opposite affect with search engines.
- Create charts/graphs/infographics – these are generally more interesting to visitors and more likely to be shared / linked to.
To find out more about how we can help you with your SEO – contact us now.