Welcome to Part 1 in our series of Essential SEO tips for small business, where we share our top tips for helping your site get closer to that sought after number 1 position in the SERPs.
- Without SEO, search engines cannot find your website. If your site doesn’t have the right SEO elements in place, then search engines (Google, Bing, etc) cannot rank and categorise your website for keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Don’t delay with your SEO – the longer you leave it, the harder it becomes to rank higher than your competition.
- You need both on and off-site SEO – these work hand in hand with each other and work better together than alone.
- New websites take time to build authority and trust – don’t expect to rank as well as or better than sites that have been around for a long time, without putting the work in.
- SEO results take time – SEO work completed today can take days, weeks and even months for search engines to acknowledge.
- You don’t need to submit your site to search engines – search engines are intelligent enough to know when a site has been updated/created.
- Create a Google Analytics account – add the tracking script to your site so that you can find out how many visitors you get, the pages that are visited and in some cases, the search terms they used to get to your site.
- Create a Google Search Console account – this helps you o understand the keywords that your site is ranking for and any sites that are linking to you.
- Create a Google My Business page – this helps with local search, gives visitors your contact details and directions and builds trust with Google.
- Know your competition – find out how your competitors have helped to improve their ranking with on-site and off-site SEO
To find out more about how we can help you with your SEO – contact us now.